By Andrew Lindsay
Long tail keywords can be a bit challenging. There's no doubt about that. It can be tough to organically fit them into blogs, and often times they're highly targeted to a subtopic and/or niche.
For example, "cooking the best pizza in an oven," is obviously going to exclusively target people who are looking to cook up their own pizza using their own oven. On the other hand, "best pizza" will pull in visitors looking for recipes, ideas, or maybe even a new pizzeria to try out.
However, because they're a bit more challenging, there's usually a lot less competition for long tail keywords, which means they represent excellent opportunities to pull in web traffic. What's more, people searching for long tail keywords are often much farther along in the buying process, which means that they convert better.
If you think you're up to the challenge and want to capitalize on these SEO opportunities, you need to do your research, and you need to do it right. Here's how.
As nice as it'd be to rank on a simple search term, those aren't the ones that get the most traffic. While one or two word search terms get 30% of all search traffic, the other 70% of people are putting long tail keywords into search engines. Failing to take advantage of them would be a big mistake.If you have any questions about doing keyword research, feel free to ask in the comments.