Weekly HubFeed: 6/6/2014
Your source for the biggest news in internet marketing this week.
We cover the ROI of SEO with a study of small business owners and search engine optimizers, Facebook's brand page updates that it announced three months ago, and more in just a couple of minutes!
Also available on YouTube.
Bing turns five
- Bing turned five this week, which triggered many analysts to speculate about its future.
- Microsoft’s exclusivity deals have helped them build Bing as a solid product, including their deal with Bing, and now Apple.
- Bing is starting to carve into Google’s market share, and it is being considered as a serious competitor in the industry, but it will have to continue to innovate in the next five years to become a threat to Google in advertising and referral traffic.
Get the latest news on Bing on their official blog.
Organic Search has the best ROI for small businesses
- In a recent survey by BrightLocal, organic search was found to have the best ROI for small businesses.
- The survey asked 288 search engine optimizers and small business owners the effectiveness of their many marketing channels.
- Organic search showed the highest ROI, followed by Google local listings, direct website traffic, and Google AdWords PPC advertising.
- In the survey, organic listings also drew the highest percentage of traffic.
Find the full findings of the study here.
Facebook Update to Brand Pages
- Three months after the announcement of a redesign, Facebook is rolling out its update to brand pages.
- The update has a more streamlined look and will allow more page administrators to manage the page. It also utilizes its two columned news feed more effectively for small businesses.
- Facebook is continuing their efforts to become a serious space for small businesses with this update.
Read more about Facebook’s update on their news page.